Wednesday, April 11, 2012

What's on my Bed

I wanted to participate in Bonnie Hunter's "What's On Your Bed" link up, but at first I thought I couldn't because I am visiting family in Florida; and I am no where near my bed. But, then I realized, I have a picture of the quilt that's on my bed in my lap top. It is just not a picture of that quilt on my bed. So here it is:




My friend Eleanor, and I made a quilt just like this one for a friend several years ago. I liked it so much that I always wanted to make one for myself, so I finally did. For me, the fun of putting this quilt together was making each block it's own color composition. I made another quilt from the same block that is set differently; but I haven't photographed it yet. I have more blocks made so I can try a couple of more settings. I love the variety you can get in quilting by setting things different ways.


4 comments:

  1. Oh, I do love double star quilts, and this one is especially lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your quilt,on or off the bed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you sleep standing up sometimes too! VERY pretty quilt. Stars are always pretty...especially scrappy ones.

    Have fun in Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a beautiful quilt. So glad you were able to share it, even though you're away from home. Are the blocks made from repro fabrics? Maybe Kansas Troubles? I love the richness of the fabrics you used.

    ReplyDelete