Monday, July 30, 2012

Wonderful Time in Batavia

    I have so much to tell since I wrote my last post. I had a lovely time in Batavia. It was a beautiful show! Unfortunately, I had to run through quickly to see it since I spent most of the time in my booth. Here is a picture of my booth.


I was told that I would meet plenty of nice people in that area; and that was certainly true! Not only that, but I got to spend some time with 2 of my cousins who live near Chicago, and who I hadn't seen in many years. I also received a visit from 2 friends from my high school days in Florida! It was so great to see all of these folks; and I was really touched that they took the time to come and visit with me; and in the case of my cousins, Harold, and Marlene, opened up there home to me!

      When I came home, I was only home for 1 night before I went with a friend to go see the Bele Chere show in Asheville, North Carolina. I am trying to decide if I want to apply to that show next year. It looked like fun; but I am not sure if I want to sign on to do an outdoor show in the middle of the summer. It wasn't really that hot, but we got lucky; since a front came through while we were there.

    While I was away, I got word that I have been accepted to the Fall Arts in the Park show in Blue Ridge GA, in October.

      I tried to get some work done while I was traveling. I got these blocks completely finished, and up on the design wall.
 

I took strips with me and cut pieces for the last 2 main blocks for the Let's Polka quilt. Today I got the all paired, now all I have to do is sew them.


These will be for the following 2 blocks:           














   While traveling, I  cut squares for half square triangle for a new quilt, just so I would have something to work on when I went as far as I could go on the other quilt. I got all of the marking done. I will take them on my next trip and pair them up. I play to pair the solids with the prints; then form designs from the resulting HSTs.


     Tomorrow my friend Eleanor, is coming by to sew with me ; so, hopefully I will get a lot of those remaining Let's Polka blocks sewn. 

     At the end of the week I will be in Berea, Kentucky; selling patterns at another quilt show. Wish me luck!

     Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment