Sunday, October 28, 2012

Oops!

     Wow! That week went by awfully fast! I can't believe it has been more than a week since my last post.

     I am trying to recover from my show in Eatonton yesterday. I am not much of an early riser; and I am never one to get up before it is light outside if I can help it. I have always told my friends that I adhere to that law of physics that states: A body in motion wants to stay in motion, and a body at rest wants to stay at rest. Once I am up and working on something (particularly quilting related somethings) I don't want to stop, and rarely go to bed before midnight, and often later, if not much later. But then, predictably, it is difficult for me to get out of bed before 9 the next morning. 

     You can imagine how hard it was or such a person to get up at 5:30AM and get to Eatonton by 7, to get my booth set up by 9AM. Many, many thanks to my friend Nancy for meeting me there, and helping, not only with putting up and taking down the booth;  but throughout the day. It made the whole thing so much easier, and it was great to be able to spend some quality time with a friend while the show was going on. Also, she is better at talking about my quilts than I am and was able to say things about them that I never would. 

     Nevertheless, when the day was over, I was pretty used up! It took awhile to drag myself out of the bed this morning!

     Can you stand to see yet another booth shot? I promise, this one will be the last one of the year.

         In preparing for this last show, I tried to add as many pot holder pairs as possible to my collection. I want to put some on my Etsy site, so I will have to continue making those this fall. I will also donate some to the C.A.R.E. auction in Porterdale, which will be held in the lofts in downtown Porterdale on the evening of November 3rd. C.A.R.E. does so much good work, helping elderly, and disadvantaged people in Porterdale.I also need to make some for my quilt guild which will be holding a bazaar at Epiphany Lutheran Church; located at 2375 GA Hwy. 20, in Conyers, on Saturday, December 1st, 9AM-3PM.



     I just had to get a picture of this confused gardenia blossom that bloomed in my yard this week. This bush bloomed in June, I think. What a beautiful straggler!


     My Let's Polka quilt is completely finished and ready for delivery, even washed. Thanks so much to my friend, Sonja, who let me used her big washing machine to get it washed. I was planning to buy one myself this year, but I already HAD to buy a new computer a month ago when mine bit the dust. Where would I be without my friends? Since it is all clean, I don't really want to drape it over my deck and photograph it; so I will just post a photo of the top to remind you of what it looked like. I have one pillow cover completely done, and have progress on the next one. I hope to finish those today.


    
     That's what I am up to. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment