Monday, March 25, 2013

Design Walls Monday

     Yes, it's not a typo, I do mean design walls. And, once again, I am coming in under the wire. In some parts of the country, it's not even still Monday, but in my part of the country it is.

     I taught a class at a nearby quilt shop, so I spent a good bit of my sewing time preparing for the class, making sample blocks, etc. I really enjoyed teaching the class, but I need to work on remembering to bring out my camera, while the class is in progress. This class covered 5 different blocks, that kept me too busy to take pictures. Sorry, I know that sounds like a lame excuse, I will have to work on that.

     So here is what is on my design wall(s). A few more pieced hexagons. I am up to 10 finished, and an 11th one, almost finished. I did a layout on EQ, and found out I need 50 blocks, so I am 1/5th of the way there.

    


















     I am still working on this quilt, although there is not much change on the design wall to prove it. All of my strip sets are pinned, and I have been using them for leaders, and enders. I have lots of strip sets sewn together, but I want to wait until they are all sewn together before I start pairing them together, to make my blocks.
















     This next quilt is one I collaborated on with a shop owner who's shop is near my house. I did the design, and Karen Daniel from honeybegood.com chose the fabrics. Aren't they beautiful? And they are all organic too. This will be offered as a kit on her web site soon. I am almost finished sewing the blocks together.

     That is what is on my design wall(s) this week. Go to patchworktimes.com  to see lots of other interesting design walls.  

     Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment: