Friday, July 12, 2013

At Last!

     Finally, all of the blocks are finished, and I have it up on the design wall. I couldn't get the whole quilt in the photo, but I did the best I could. Sorry for the hot spots from the window. It has been a long time since there has been much sun coming in the window around here. It has been so soggy lately that I expect to mildew any minute.

    
     Just a reminder, this is the quilt that I am trying to recreate:



     Fortunately, I still had quite a few of the same fabrics, but I did have to add a few to replace those that I had run out of. The light in this picture is different since, this one was taken outside.

     One thing that slowed me done a bit: since my last post, I got a call from someone who wanted a T shirt quilt for a gift, and I had to make a couple of drawings, and look for fabric, etc. for her. I am reluctant to talk about it in much detail here since it is supposed to be a surprise for some one.  

     Since my last post I have sent supply lists to A Scarlet Thread in Mcdonough GA, for the 3 classes I will be teaching there this fall.

     I am also pulling together my quilts for a guild program that I will be doing for the Mountain Laurel Quilters' Guild in Clarkesville, GA next Tuesday.

     We had a ice cream social at our Community Garden last night. This was a neat idea we had done in previous years. The garden supplies vanilla ice cream, bowls, and spoons, and everyone brings their favorite ice cream topping. Fun! And it was great seeing the other gardeners. We are a small group at this point, but so much fun to be with. And, hallelujah! It didn't rain!

     I hope all is going well in your world. I plan to get those blocks sewn together before the day is over. Do you think I can do it? I hope so. Thanks for stopping by!



    

No comments:

Post a Comment