Sunday, December 1, 2013

Catchin Up

     Contrary to what you must be thinking, I have not fallen off off the edge of the earth. I hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving among lots of family, friends, and good food.

     I have been keeping many balls in the air. Some are not too quilty. Others I am reluctant to show photos of just yet for fear of spoiling a surprise for someone. I know it is unlikely that it will be seen by the wrong person here on my little blog, but I hate to take the chance.

     Anyway, I will try to catch you up on what I have been doing the last couple of weeks.

     I had a 9' by 12' rug to weave. I thought I was going to get this assignment in October, then I thought I was not going to get it at I was not going to get it at all. Then I DID get it just after the show. By that time I had, taken on another part time seasonal job, so I ended up doing both at once. 


 
     Let's start with the show. If you can remember back that far, I promised photos, so here they are. These are different sides of my booth.













                       
                                      
     The show was held in the back yard of a friend. It was a beautiful yard with a living space with a  pergola, an outdoor kitchen, and a fabulous stone fireplace.  Sorry, I guess I never did get a photo of the fireplace. This was meant to show the other artists booths. We also had more artwork in the house. Fortunately for us, the weather was  beautiful that weekend. We had a good crowd of visitors.


     Last weekend a dear friend came to visit as she and her son were passing through on her way to spend Thanksgiving in Tennessee. I was shocked when she decided to buy La Lique, and ordered Anastasia with some color modifications!

La Lique














Anastasia
 
      There are many festivities planned in our town for the end of this week. A tour of home, live music, and a holiday parade with real reindeer! We wanted the community garden looking pretty for all of that so Melanie and I put some greenery on the fence this weekend.

 

     Another of our garden members, Bob, is planning to add lights this week.

     Remember a couple of months ago, I was processing a bunch of sunflower seeds from our garden? Well, this week I sewed a bunch of little white bags from leftover white on white fabric (when is the last time you saw me use that in a quilt?) They will be stuffed with the sunflower seeds, and we will walk in the parade, and pass them out to the crowd.



     So that is what I have been up to the last couple of weeks, and why I have not been writing much lately. 

     I am planning to be in another show at Allen Memorial Methodist Church in Oxford on December 14th.

     Soon, I will be caught up on some of these other things, and I will have something more quilt related and interesting to share. Thanks for stopping by! 

    

No comments:

Post a Comment