Sunday, January 26, 2014

Keep on Keepin on

     I have done a bit of work on several projects.

     I am trying to learn how to do several new things on the computer. In the past, when I didn't know how to get it to do what I wanted it to do, I just gave up, or figured out a way to work around it. Lately, I have taken some time out from watching Netflix to watch some U Tube how to videos. I am trying to learn how to put my name and a copyright symbol on the photos I post on my blog. I am also trying to teach myself to use Microsoft Paint to draw the diagrams for my  patterns, instead of hand drawing all of them. If anyone knows of another good, easy, affordable program to use, I am open to suggestion. 

     I went to a house warming party for a friend of mine tonight, and brought a set of potholders.


    I had a great time making these, and now I have the urge to make a quilt from small, improvised blocks like these. I will resist the urge for awhile though, since I have so many other projects that are more pressing, that need to be finished.

      I found fabric for a binding, and machine stitched the binding on Kimberly's quilt this week. It is going to be a chilly week next week, and I know that I will enjoy having this on my lap while I do the hand stitching.

     

     I worked a bit more on this quilt.

     
     I have volunteered to teach this at our February retreat next month.

     I have also worked on this quilt, though I don't have a good current photo of my progress. It continues to grow, and the center is nearly complete.


    
     Under the category of getting my house more decorated, I have thought for a long time that my bed would look a lot nicer if I made pillow cases to coordinate with my quilt.



         
     This week I chose some fabric groupings for those pillow cases.



     Well, it's back to the sewing machine for me. I would love to get the centers of those 2 quilts that I am working on finished this weekend. Where ever you are, I hope you are staying nice and warm, and getting lots done.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment