Monday, May 12, 2014

Retreat

    I hope everyone had a lovely Mother's Day.

     A couple of weeks ago I went on a wonderful retreat with friends I usually only see once a year. We went to our usual spot, Charlie Elliott Wildlife Center in Mansfield Georgia. It is so great to see friends you have not seen in a longtime, and meet new ones. 

     There was lots of fabulous quilty inspiration all around me. Here is some of what my fellow quilters were working on.





















     This is a Christmas tree skirt.















     How is that for some fabulous work. It is so nice to see such variety! We even had a mother/daughter team with us where the daughter was 7 yrs old. I was all excited to show you her project, but now I can't find the photo of it. I am so disappointed.

     


     This is what I worked on for much of the time there. The center is all together, I still have to work out the corners, and I have a couple of borders planned. I can't put it on the design wall just now because my Anastasia quilt is in the way.

     I also spent a good bit of time cutting Dresden Plate blades. So far they are just in a plastic box though. I should have some plates sewn together fairly soon.

     This week, I worked the layout for this quilt order.
 

     So far, I have all of the star centers made. I long time friend of mine is patiently waiting for this one. I have sent her a sample of each color combination to make sure that she likes all of them. I also gave her a couple of suggestions for things we could do with the background. So far that quilt looks like this:


     For some reason, I couldn't seem to fit the whole thing in one photo.

     I am getting ready to meet with The Nimble Thimbles guild in South Carolina for a trunk show this week. I have been making copies of patterns, and sewing a few handwoven wool, chicken pincushions.

     I have also finally gotten my whole garden planted. 

     So, that is what I have been up to lately. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment