Tuesday, March 3, 2015

2 Design Walls-1 Quilt/Design wall Monday


  Here is what I have on my 2 design Walls. I just played around on EQ until I came up with this layout.



     And the missing corner is on my portable design wall.


    One of the things I am most proud of about this quilt is, that it came completely out of my scrap bins. 

     I wanted a variety of strip sizes, so I went in my  "less than 1 1/2" strip bin and cut 4 strips 10" long, and pinned them together like this.

     I like to work assembly line fashion, so I actually made 46 dark groups, and 46 light groups.

     Then I went in my "1 1/2" strip bin and cut 3 strips that I thought would look pretty with the first 4 strips of each group, and pinned them to the groups.

     Then I went into my "1 3/4- 2" strip bin and cut 3 of those strips that would look nice with each group and added them to each group.

     I didn't remember to take any photos while I was sewing the groups of strips, so I will have to make another group, and take pictures of them for you for the next post.

      That is what I have been up to. There are many more WIP to see over athttp://www.patchworktimes.com/2015/03/02/design-wall-march-2-2015/

      Be sure to go over, and check out whats happening there.

     Thanks for stopping by my neck of the woods!



No comments:

Post a Comment