Monday, March 6, 2017

Progress and a New Start

Actually, I am supposed to be weaving today, but the yarn color needed to be adjusted, so I get a free day of play! It's like found money-you hardly know what to do with it first!

Anyway, I have made a bit of progress sewing together the section of my Rose Garden quilt that I laid out last week.


My washing machine bit the dust, and through a series of moving, and other flukes my across the street neighbor ended up with an extra washing machine, and she gave it to me-so I had to make her a quilt. Since she was in the process of moving at the time it took a little while to see what colors the quilt should be. I happened to have this quilt out.

She liked this quilt, and the colors in my Rose Garden quilt, so I took those ideas, plus my memory of what her house had looked like before she had packed it up. The last month I have been gathering fabrics, and cutting/sewing/pressing strip sets for her quilt. I have been looking forward to laying a portion of the quilt out to see what it will look like.


So that is what I have been up to lately, plus a little bit of getting ready for spring gardening. Thanks for stopping by!

Linking up with Patchwork Times , Oh Scrap!Monday Making and Move it Forward Monday Lots of fun inspiration! 

4 comments:

  1. Love how you came up with your neighbors quilt. Love the warm colors you are using in it and in Rose Garden. Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet neighbor! Your quilts are so beautiful - they remind me of an impressionist painting in a way! You are so talented with color selection! Thank you for sharing! Visiting from Em's Scrapbag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candace, thank you for leaving a comment on my blogpost - My Twitter Feed. That is how I found your blog. Your designs are fantastic. I am adding your blog to my reading list so that I do not miss any posts from you.
    http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great neighbour!! The quilt colours are beautiful and the quilt is looking wonderful already. I know she will love it!!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete