Monday, March 12, 2018

Deep Sigh!

Oh my goodness!

In the last 5 weeks I have gone to a 4 day quilt retreat, gave 4 trunk show/programs, and 3 classes in 4 different states. 

I read Bonnie Hunter's blog, so I know that she does all that in 2 weeks, week after week, while constantly designing and making more quilts, writing and shipping books, keeping up with blog, Instagram, Quilt Cam, and I don't know how many other social media platforms, and I don't know what all else. How does she do it?! I feel like such an under achiever! Hats off to her is all I can say!

Anyway, here are some photos from the quilt retreat I went on, way back in the beginning of February. My dear friend, Mary Ramsdell plans 2 every year for over a decade now, God bless her, as I know that is a load of work!

We had kind of a show-n-tell to show off quilts we had all seen each other work on at retreat. Here are a few favs, I managed to get a photo of.









Isn't this Farmer's Wife, made by Lyn Yovino  amazing? I think this is my favorite of the quilts I saw at retreat. I am such a sucker for a sampler quilt, and I love love love the red setting!





In fact, I think Lyn may have made all of these! She is so prolific, and makes so many beautiful quilts!





Danna is a relatively new quilter. I am not sure this is her first quilt, but I know she has not been quilting for very long. Isn't it lovely and cheery!

Here is what I worked on at retreat:


I added to my red Sonja's Windows blocks, but then I started to worry that I didn't have enough variety in my scrap strips, so I decided to put this quilt away until I could get home and cut some other strips from my yardage. Anyway, I was ready for a break, and itching to start something new.



I have wanted to make another A Maze Zing quilt, using some square blocks and a medallion layout. I am making it up as I go along.

So that is what I have been up to lately, thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment