I finished this quilt awhile ago, but I never posted the photos of it completed.
If you have read this blog lately, you may know that I am a bit obsessed with the Jacob's Ladder block. A couple of years ago, I started trying to come up with a design for a wedding quilt. In the process of playing with this block on EQ, rotating blocks, moving color around, I ended up with over 200 drawings! It was so much fun. I urge you to try it. I would love to see what you come up with. You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to read more about the beginning of this process, click here I have been posting the drawings on my blog, and you can see the drawings under the Jacob's Ladder Series tab at the top of the blog, but this is the first completed quilt I have been able to post.
Since I knew I would never be able to make all of these quilts, I thought it would be fun to share the drawings on my blog. Before I did that though, I wanted to try making one of the more complex quilts to make sure that the design held together when it was made into fabric.
So this is my first completed quilt from this series.
I named this quilt Kalina. I found the name on a website for baby names. Kalina is Polish for flower.
I love that this quilt looks as complex as it does, but it is made entirely of HST and 4 patches. A couple of blog posts ago, I was writing while traveling, and talking about working on the units for my next Jacob's Ladder quilt while away from home. I love how easy and portable these units are to make, and how versatile they are. Here are a couple more views of my Kalina quilt.
So that is what I have been up to lately. That, and waiting for cooler weather to get here, now that September has finally arrived.
I am linking with Moving it Forward Monday
Design Wall Monday
Main Crush Monday
Needle and Thread Thursday
Check them out, I know there will be lots of inspiring projects to see! Thanks for Stopping by!