Sunday, January 6, 2013

Quilt Show Update and a Few Goals for 2013

     Yesterday, a friend, and  I delivered over 50 items to Art Station in Stone Mountain. Most of these were quilts that were 50" wide or larger. I am very excited about the variety and range of beautiful quilts our guild will be exhibiting. In addition to that, I found out that our show is going to be a part of a larger Art Stroll event that is taking place in Stone Mountain Village, the evening of the 7th; that will include other artists, Art studios, and galleries. I had been advertising our opening as beginning at 7pm, but the surrounding festivities will begin at 5:30 with a sculpture dedication, and will continue on from there.I believe it will continue till around 9:30 with prize drawings taking place at 9:15. It sounds to me, like a wonderful evening out that will include many types of visual stimulation, and inspiration. I am really looking forward to it!

     It has been a bit difficult for me to concentrate on a list of goals for the coming year, while trying to get his show up and running; but I thought at least, I could cobble together a list of quilts that I would like to finish, and others that I would like to star. The primary reason on these last is so I will not loose the idea. As I stated in earlier posts, I have many quilts that are well under way, I like to concentrate on the one that is closest to being finished, just so that I can see it through, but every now and then, you get an idea that you are just dieing to try out. I know that you all know what I mean, don't you?  

     So here goes. There is The Bird Cage quilt,this is just a working title because of the birdcages in the large print. My friend, Eleanor, always refers to this as my monkey quilt, because she says it looks to her like a time and place that would have monkeys. of course there are no monkeys, but I have considered naming this quilt "Where's the Monkey", for that reason.


     There is the small, solid fabric unit quilt. Ih ave no ideas for the name of this quilt, but I know I am planning to make the open areas reds, rusts, with maybe a bit of brown. I have all the small units made, but I still need to make 6 more large blocks from them.
I am very interested to see how this is going to look, once I get those background colors added.
 

     Next, there is my ellipse quilt, all of these quilts, so far, I started early in 2012, when I had just started my blog. If you want to see more about the beginnings of this quilt look here  This is the most recent photo I have of this quilt. I only have 3 or 4 more motifs to add.


         The next quilt is going to be a large lap quilt. I started it to test a pattern for my Native Harvest quilt, while I was writing the pattern last summer. The quilt is as long as it is going to be, but I plan to add to the width, and fill in the corners.


   
      Then, there is my new Galapagos quilt.


       The next is a third in this series.



















      I do not have the 3rd quilt in this series on my design wall yet, but all of the blocks, and strip units are pieced. At least, I hope I pieced enough strip units. This 3rd quilt will have dark blue as a border color.

     I also think I have all of the units pieced for more quilts in this series.

The next quilts in these series only use the flying geese and four patch units. I have 3 different drawings I did on EQ. I an looking forward to seeing if any of these drawing work with actual fabric.

     I recently sold the quilt to the right on Etsy, so I don't have it anymore. I am seriously considering making a quilt like this, but doing light on a dark background, instead of dark on light.









     There is one more small quilt up on my design wall now, but I am going to save blogging about it for tomorrow, and Design Wall Monday on Patchwork Times; rather than repeat myself 2 days in a row.
 
      I have a long way to go on this next quilt. I am not even sure if it will be one quilt or 2. I have just been using these blocks as leaders and enders, but I have no idea of how I will arrange them. If you want to see this beginning of this idea, and the intact fabric, you can click here and here.





     The following is a list of quilts I have either started or only in my head. I don't have any photographs of them yet; and most don't have enough done on them to take a decent photograph that would look like anything to anyone. I mostly include it here for my own benefit. No way am I even going to be able to work on all of these this year, but I just want a record of the ideas in case I run out of things to do (yeah, right).

Crossroads
Italian Mosaic (bedroom wall)
Phillip Jacobs grape fabric
Spring Forest
Solid Log Cabin Steps
2nd painting quilt
funky economy block from painting
Batik diamond strips-nuetrals
strip triangles
Japanese Ladies
Spears
Spider Lilies-equilateral triangles
Pineapple Blossom
Trees

     I am supposed to be somewhere in a hour and a half, so I will have to quit planning 2013 for now and start living it! Perhaps I can think of some marketing goals for this year for another post. I am planning to link up to patchworktimes.com tomorrow for Design Wall Monday.

     Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment