Monday, June 9, 2014

Back From Another Retreat

     The first part of the year is quilt retreat time for me. I have one group of friends that plan a retreat in February, and June. We started with once a year, but quickly decided that it was not nearly often enough to see each other. We often say we would like another one in the fall, but I am just as glad we have not gotten that idea off the ground. I love those ladies, and really miss seeing them and what they are up too, but my falls tend to be busy and unpredictable, so I would rather not have a retreat on my plate in the fall. Of course, I could just not go, but knowing me, I would probably end up trying to get there anyway. Another group of friends has an annual retreat in April. I love this because not only do I get to visit with dear friends that I rarely see, but it really motivates me to get things done. 

     Since today is Design Wall Monday, I will show what I had up on the design wall at retreat, and save all of the photos I took of everyone elves projects for a later in the week post.

    First, something quick and easy to get myself going when I first got there:


      This will be called Sand and Sea Glass. I plan to add, probably a narrow border, and a wide one. When I got to retreat, the blocks were already pieced. I just had to press, trim, lay them out, and sew them together. It felt good to finish piecing the center on the first day there.

      I spent most of the retreat getting the layout for my Dresden Plate quilt together.


    
     Next, I have to get the background arranged, so I can use this as my travel/handwork project. I usually don't do much handwork, because I always want to be at the machine making fast piecing progress. I hope I can push through and get all of this hand applique done soon. I just got myself some new applique thread. I hope that, and the fact that all of the edges are already turned, will make me want to work on this project. 

     Of course, I still have to work on my Anastasia order quilt, but since the background for it is arranged, and I can't move it, this will be the quilt I carry with me to visit. I am also planning to be a vendor at the Blue Ridge Quilt Festival in Blacksburg Virginia in July, so it will be a great quilt to work on in the booth. If you happen to be near Blacksburg July 9-12, come by and say hi!

      That is what I have been up to lately. There are many more "works in progress" to see at Judy Laquidara's Design Wall Monday Be sure to check them out. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment