Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Still, Quilting, and Four Patches

     So, this is what I have been up to lately.

Still quilting this quilt-maybe 25% done.


     I will be teaching how to make this quilt at our next quilting retreat. Maybe, I will come away from that with lots of new colorways to share. I just love seeing other peoples color combinations.

     Still working on 4 patches for the wedding quilt. The other day, I had the pleasure of sitting out on the porch in pleasant temperatures, and cutting my 4 patch strips.


     I had hoped to post photos of my booth from the art show I was in this past weekend, but that did not go as planned. 

      I was disappointed to see that the weather forecast was quite rainy, and possibly stormy, but was told that the show would go on, rain or shine, so I dutifully got there Friday afternoon to set up my booth. I have spent many a show under my tent, watching the rain come down. Sometimes, that is just how it goes. Once you have committed to being in one of those shows, they don't like you to bail on them because the weather is poor. But, when I was set up, and ready to leave, I couldn't turn the key in my ignition! I had to get my friend, Iva to come and get me.

      The next day more friends, Eleanor, and Danny came to help me get my booth, and car.  They had planned to come and see the show, and visit with me. They brought me there, then planned to put my quilts in their car after the show. When we got there, we were told that the show was cancelled! Ugh!  Then, the rain stopped,and, gradually, the weather cleared, but it was too late. It was all cancelled already. I was too distracted through all of this to remember to take pictures.

     I was so grateful to all of my friends that were so helpful to me when I was stranded in Madison GA, which is 28 miles away! Now, my car is fixed, and all is well, but, I am really rethinking one day outdoor shows. It is like putting all of your eggs in one basket. If you have bad weather that one day you are out of luck. Twice in the last 5 months I have been in outdoor shows where the weather was beautiful the day before, and the day after, but was terrible the day of the show. Actually, in this case it was just the forecast that was so bad, and it had been a rainy morning. Oh well, that's show biz!

     That is what I have been up to. Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment