Wednesday, January 10, 2018

New Year. New Projects

     So What have I been doing with the first part of the year? The main thing I have been doing is not so photogenic I am afraid. I have been spending a lot of time on working and trying to learn how to do new things on the computer. 

     For instance, learning how to watermark and upload drawings for the Jacob's Ladder series I started earlier this week. I ordered some fabric for a quilt back, some sashing,  and a retreat door prize. Can't wait for retreat! I uploaded the new EQ version, and need to spend some time further familiarizing myself with it. There are a couple of things I want to arrange on the blog, social media buttons, etc. I have several patterns that need writing. It's enough to make me wonder if I will ever see my beloved sewing machine again!

     One thing I have been meaning to do for a long time is add photos of work from classes to the Class and My Designs Made by Others boards on my Pintrest site. I am always taking photos in classes I teach, and asking people to send me photos of their finished work, but I fear I am shamefully slow in getting them posted. Often, because I am not proficient at all when it comes to learning how to do these things, and once I learn, it changes! I hope I am not sounding whiny, and that I am not the only one who struggles with these things. The other bloggers make it all look so easy, don't they?

     The bottom line is that if you would like to see some class work, or finished quilts made with my Southern Winter Pattern, Let's Polka, and A Maze Zing patterns, there is plenty of new photos posted. Here are two of my favorites from the Let's Polka class I have been meaning to post for ages.

     This is Angie. She took my Let's Polka class at A Scarlet Thread in McDonough, GA. I thought she was so brave to use all hand dyed effect solids, but look how beautiful her quilt came out! She was so creative in the way she arranged the blocks to make bigger blocks! I see more cool relationships on this quilt every time I look at it.


     Speaking of creative block placement, look what Debbie did with her layout! It is so cool to see others take these blocks and do things I never thought of with them! Debbie took this class with The Smoky Mountain Quilters Guild in Franklin NC.


     When I do get near my sewing machine, I have been working on sewing these blocks together.



     This is the quilt that I bought the back fabric for.

     I couldn't resist playing around and doing some auditioning with a new quilt idea. This is the same block as the above quilt, just with sashing and the colors arranged differently. I wanted to decide which color I wanted to make my inner sashing before I made that online order, so I could get that on the same shipment. I decided on the red on the lower right hand block. I think this is going to be my next "project status" quilt.


     So that is what I have been up to. I hope you are starting out the new year with some fun and exciting projects too. 

     Stay tuned to this space. Tomorrow there will be another Jacob's Ladder Series drawing planned.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment