Saturday, February 11, 2012

Retreat Results

     Sorry it has taken so long to post the pictures I took on retreat. I had a weaving deadline this week and I had to do that first. Then a weird thing happened. Last night I was composing a blog post with the pictures from the retreat. I was 3/4 of the way through it, when all of a sudden the whole thing disappeared! I must have accidentally hit something I shouldn't have. Maybe I had too many pictures in the post or something. I was quite frustrated as you can imagine. It was late, so I just went to bed. If anyone knows how I can prevent this from happening again I would love to hear about it, because I sure don't want to go through that again. It's no great secret that I am pretty inexperienced with this blogging thing. This time I will break up the stuff from retreat into several posts, in case that was the problem.

      On to happier thoughts. Boy! Did we ever have a great time at retreat! Thanks so much to Mary for all of the hard work she put into arranging it. 

     I shared a corner of the room with Eleanor, Mary Beth, Sonja, and Beth.

     This is Sonja, with her beautiful quilt. I can't show you what else she was working on because it's for a challenge, and we don't want others to see it yet.








Eleanor pieced this gorgeous baby quilt; and did her first ever free motion quilting on it. Brave girl! It can out great, and now, she knows how to do a new thing.


She also finished this lovely skirt for her daughter, Emily.




















     And, as if that weren't enough, she made these fabulous napkins for Mary Beth! She sure made the most of her time at retreat! There are 6 napkins in all. Sorry they aren't focused better, but aren't they fabulous?


     Mary Beth made napkins too, She is going to be ready for some fine dining! Mary Beth also made a skirt for her daughter, but I never got a picture of it.













And, she made a set of pillow cases.



Beth worked on this lovely lap quilt. She designs patterns also, and has a quilt coming out in a magazine soon; I think it's in McCall's. I will add her website next time I see her, or maybe she can send it to me in an email, or comment or something.



 Well, That's all for that quadrant of the room. I don't want to take a chance on overloading this post again like last night. I hope you have enjoyed seeing these beauties. I will post more from retreat tomorrow.










No comments:

Post a Comment