Monday, March 12, 2018

Deep Sigh!

Oh my goodness!

In the last 5 weeks I have gone to a 4 day quilt retreat, gave 4 trunk show/programs, and 3 classes in 4 different states. 

I read Bonnie Hunter's blog, so I know that she does all that in 2 weeks, week after week, while constantly designing and making more quilts, writing and shipping books, keeping up with blog, Instagram, Quilt Cam, and I don't know how many other social media platforms, and I don't know what all else. How does she do it?! I feel like such an under achiever! Hats off to her is all I can say!

Anyway, here are some photos from the quilt retreat I went on, way back in the beginning of February. My dear friend, Mary Ramsdell plans 2 every year for over a decade now, God bless her, as I know that is a load of work!

We had kind of a show-n-tell to show off quilts we had all seen each other work on at retreat. Here are a few favs, I managed to get a photo of.

Isn't this Farmer's Wife, made by Lyn Yovino  amazing? I think this is my favorite of the quilts I saw at retreat. I am such a sucker for a sampler quilt, and I love love love the red setting!

In fact, I think Lyn may have made all of these! She is so prolific, and makes so many beautiful quilts!

Danna is a relatively new quilter. I am not sure this is her first quilt, but I know she has not been quilting for very long. Isn't it lovely and cheery!

Here is what I worked on at retreat:

I added to my red Sonja's Windows blocks, but then I started to worry that I didn't have enough variety in my scrap strips, so I decided to put this quilt away until I could get home and cut some other strips from my yardage. Anyway, I was ready for a break, and itching to start something new.

I have wanted to make another A Maze Zing quilt, using some square blocks and a medallion layout. I am making it up as I go along.

So that is what I have been up to lately, thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, March 11, 2018

Jacob's Ladder Series-Drawing #20

84" by 96" 
6" A and B blocks rotated to form diamonds
Border of blue motifs with dark accents on some four patches

Sunday, March 4, 2018

Jacob's Ladder Series-Drawing #19

     Yikes! So I scheduled this to post last Sunday, while I was out of town. Obviously, I didn't do THAT quite right!

 Another color placement variation

     A and B blocks rotated
     6" blocks
     84" by 84"

Thursday, March 1, 2018

Jacob's Ladder Series-Drawing #18

      This is similar to the last one, but I wanted to play with the values, so this one has a lighter background.
       A and B blocks rotated
       6" blocks
       Quilt Measures 84" by 84"

Sunday, February 25, 2018

Jacob's Ladder Series-Drawing #17

         A and B blocks rotated
      Cool colors
      6" blocks

      Quilt Measures 84" by 84"

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Jacob's Ladder Seriers-Drawing #16

     Let's go back to the larger, more graphic blocks and add a couple of borders.

     A and B blocks rotated
     9" Blocks
     Quilt Measures 54" by 72"