Here are the blocks that I made to try out the idea:
I was interested is seeing how far I could push the color to keep the quilt lively, but still be able to see the pattern well. I also finished cutting and gathering all of my strips for this project.
I did manage to get one more big hexagon sewn together, and 2 planned out , and ready for sewing. The one in the lower right hand corner is the new one.
Through all of this, my solid quilt languished on my design all with no attention paid to it.
Sorry, the bottom portion is cut off because I have a big weaving loom in front of my design wall. It's just something I have to live with for now, since this is the largest blank wall in the house. Now that all of my strips are cut for the new quilt, and I have a plan in place for this next nameless (for now) quilt, I hope to get it put together in the next week or 2.
Don't forget to check out all the yummy things to see at patchworktimes.com for design wall Monday. Thanks for stopping by!