Sunday, April 6, 2014

Fun in Arkansas

     Spring has sprung in Georgia! (intermittently) We are still having some occasional cold weather. Last weekend was pretty nippy. It got don't in the 20s one night. Can you hear that? It is the sound of my more northern cousins and friends laughing hysterically at my whining about temperatures in the 20s, but I maintain that it is all a matter of what you are accustomed to, and equipped for-and, it was almost April after all. Today I played a tennis match. It was very overcast, and it wouldn't have been nearly so cold if it had not been so windy.The rest of my team looked more like they were watching a football game, wrapped in blankets as they were sitting on the bleachers. Anyway, we barely won the first set, then got rained out, so we will have to finish Tuesday evening.

      Despite all that, it is warming up around here for the most part, and this means that the community garden is getting started, and our little town volunteer library has also opened up. We close for the winter, since we have no heat. I am the one who schedules the volunteers. We only open on Saturdays, but it is nice for our towns residents to have a place to come and borrow books close by. As for the garden, it is just a bit early to plant summer veggies, but I signed up 3 new gardeners in the last week.  It will soon be time to plant those tomatoes, cucumbers, and peppers, etc. 

     The point of all that is to tell you what I have been doing, along with weaving a rug, and working on a quilt related project that I can't share yet, that has been keeping my from posting. So, this post is way later than I would have liked, but I still wanted to share the photos from the class I taught in Arkansas last month. I always love to see the color combinations, and interpretations of others!























     Such a fun group of women. I really had a great time with them. 

      So that is what I have been up to lately. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment