Monday, February 13, 2017

Retreat Was Wonderful

Retreat was wonderful. It was so much fun seeing friends that I only get to visit with once or twice a year, and seeing what they are working on. Here are just a few highlights of what was happening around the room throughout the weekend. 

 This is Tracy, who was kind enough to stand beside her brilliant string quilt. Luscious no?


A Fabulous Baltimore Album, made by Joyce.


 I just love Barbara's version of my A Maze Zing pattern. It think it's neat that she did the opposite of mine, and made the wide border the constant, and varied the narrow border. Can you believe those are dinosaur bones on that wide strip? Even though it is constant throughout the center of the quilt, it adds so much movement, and interest, I just love it. What a perfect choice. The asymmetrical ombre border is such a fun surprise!



Another fun quilt made by Barbara. Love her  fabric choices.


Donna's stunning One Block Wonder.



I am usually not a big fan of panels, but this quilt, made by Shelia, is so serene and wintry, even I can't resist it.
I love Bonnie Hunter's 2016 mystery quilt. This one was made by Lynne. Here is another started by Mary George. (We have to call her Mary George to distinguish her from 2 other Marys in the group).



They look so different when they are not in repeat. I have always loved what Bonnie Hunter does with alternating blocks.



This is Ivy's first quilt. She is making a much more color coordinated version of my Lightning Strikes quilt. I took the photo too early. It is just after half done here. She had ALL of the blocks made and up there before we left. Hopefully, I will get a photo of it all in one piece soon. (Maybe next retreat?). Not bad for a first quilt, don't you think? BTW, I will be teaching that block at Quarterdeck Quilts in Springfield GA, on February 22.


Mary Beth made this beautiful quilt for her daughter. I love the focus print that looks like a slightly different framed painting in each block.

This is Mary on the left, and Dana on the right, working together to make a couple of fringed bags. I have probably mentioned in passed retreat posts, that Mary is the one who is kind enough to bring us all together every year.  We sure appreciate it!

Here is a quilt Mary was working on:


What rich beautiful colors!

Another blogger, and friend, Sandy Gilreath came by to visit us, and wrote about it on her blog here, so if you want to see more beautiful quilts from this retreat, check her post out.

I will write about what I worked on at retreat on the next post. 

That is what I have been up to. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment