Sunday, January 7, 2018

Jacob's Ladder Series-Drawing #2

     So I will start out slowly, since that is the way I did in real life.

     The original motivation to embark on this journey came from a wedding quilt I needed to make. I had always loved the quilt I showed in the first post of this series, and I thought this wedding gift was a good opportunity give this block a try. That way, If I didn't manage to come up with something very original, it didn't really matter, I still had a wedding gift. Back then, I had no idea where this was going to lead me, because I had very few ideas of how to make this block my own. 

     The bride's mother told me that the bedroom was to be turquoise, brown, and beige. The first thing I wanted to try was adding third color to this 2 color composition. The most obvious way to try that was to choose a motif in the quilt, and make it a third color. Don' ask why I started working with red and blue. It must have been laziness, and the original quilt was red and white. So this is where I started.



      This quilt uses A and B 12" blocks alternating, like the original quilt did. The quilt measures 84" by 96". I think its fascinating how it kind of looks like this quilt is set on point, but it really isn't.

     I am planning to post drawing at least once or twice a week, and gather them under a tab under the blog header so they will be easy to reference.

     I hope this will inspire you to try and see what you can do with this block. I would love to see what you come up with!
       

No comments:

Post a Comment