Monday, August 27, 2018

On the Road Again

     Since I have been on the road the last week, first doing a guild program, then visiting friends and family, I have been working on some portable projects. 


At long last, I have gotten all of the blocks for my Van Gogh/economy block quilt pressed, trimmed, and ready to go up on the design wall.


      I am using this painting by Vincent Van Gogh as a color reference for this quilt. 


     I can't wait to see what the blocks look like up on the design wall. It feels like I have been working on them for ages!

     I have also been working on a newer project. I have been cutting, and pairing pieces to make another Jacob's Ladder quilt. Here is the drawing.


     I cut and paired the HST while I was at home, and I have been cutting pieces from strips, for the 4 patches, while traveling. After dinner tonight, I will begin pairing these pieces to make 4 patches. Once I get home I will just set all of these prepared units near the sewing machine, where they will be ready for easy sewing.


      So that is what I have been up to this week. I hope your projects are going well. I will link up with Moving It Forward Monday
                         Design Wall Monday
                         Love Laugh Quilt
                         Oh Scrap!
                                                 
     Check them out to see lots of other quilt projects in progress. Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. The fabrics your using inspired by colors in the Van Gogh painting are spot on!!! I love how decided on your colors by using the painting for your inspiration. Love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susie. It has really been fun. I hope I still think that when I put it up on the wall.

      Delete
  2. I'm anxious to see the Jacobs Ladder. Its one I have threatened to do in 2 colors but its hard deciding on the layout. so gets pushed to end of the list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Denise. I had the same thought. Then started playing with colors, and rotating blocks on EQ, and ended up with over 200 drawings. Thus, my Jacob's Ladder drawing series (see tab on top of blog) I have had such a wonderful tine playing with these very easy to make units. I plan to do a lot with these going forward. Thank you for taking the time to comment!

      Delete
  3. Looks like that you have been very busy - whether at home or on the move. I am looking forward to the next steps on your design wall. Oh love that hot pink fabric and I have that cream dots on grey fabric in my stash too. Have a great week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Preeti. I am very curious to see what the Van Gogh inspired blocks will look like up on the wall. I am super excited about the Jacob's Ladder quilt. I hope you have something fun to do this holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete