Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Quilt Portrait

     When I got up this morning it was cloudy; so I thought it would be a good time to take photos of my Missing Monkeys quilt.

     I did some piecing on the back of this one.


     Last night it was mt turn to host my sewing group. While they were over I cut apart the blocks for this quilt.



I started this quilt last winter, so, I better remind you what is happening here. I make a set of strips from one color family, a set of strips from another color family. I place them with right sides side together, so that one set of strips is running perpendicular to the other set. Then, I sew all around the outer edge.




     Here is a whole group of them pinned and ready to sew from a retreat I went on last spring.


     Once you sew around the outer edge, 2 diagonal cuts are made from corner to corner.

   
     This will yield 4 blocks. All that is needed is to press the center seam, and square up. You can set these in any log cabin/HST configuration.



     I hope I can get these on the design wall soon, but first I have some T shirts that need to be cut and stabilized.
   
     So that is what I am up to.  Hope you are having some fun. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment