Sunday, August 11, 2013

Pin Cushion

     This week I have been setting up my loom for the next rug, I shipped the Doubler Star ll quilt,  


     Since finishing that quilt, I have spent most of my quilting time getting T shirts ready for a T shirt quilt. I am reluctant to show that quilt since it is meant to be a surprise for someone local. 

      So, I will show you photographs of my first chicken pincushion. I made this for a friends birthday. She seemed to really like it. This friend is not a quilter, but is a fabulous seamstress, and I wanted to make a nice large, functional pincushion. After I stuffed it, I wished that I had made the beak a bit larger. I will know better next time. I used scraps from my days of weaving scarves and blankets, so this is made from hand dyed, handwoven fabric. I plan to make more for our fall show.




     Well, that is what I have been up to. I hope all is well with you guys. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment: