Saturday, August 31, 2013

Pineapple Blocks

     Another rug finished, and I have a few days before the next rug needs to go on the loom; so I have been working on the pineapple blocks for my class sample. I showed my drawing, and the full quilt class sample in the very last post, so I won't add it again here. I wanted to give the students the choice of working on a smaller project if they chose, since the quilt has 80 blocks. This sample has only 9 blocks. I have 5 of them done so far.




     Four blocks to go. I hope to finish them this weekend. 
    
     I had started with this block. 
 
     I started over because I decided to make it scrappier, and use a different print in each corner. I am happier with the scrappier version. I usually find that I prefer more variety.





     I am also about 75 percent finished with the T-shirt quilt. Two days ago, I put about 6 or 7 items on my Etsy site that I have been meaning to post for months.

     I have all of my blocks for this quilt finished and trimmed. I want to get them arranged on the design wall this weekend too. It would be so nice to get another top done.


     I can't wait to see these blocks up on the design wall. Finally, I will have something to post for Design Wall Monday, at Patchwork Times. I have not had anything I could share on my design wall for months!

     I hope all is well with you all, and you get to do something that you really enjoy this holiday weekend. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment