Monday, August 27, 2012

Arranging the Let's Polka Quilt

      I have been offline for a bit lately due to a computer tragedy. The screen on my old one bit the dust. They are really hard to work without a screen. So now I am trying to do everything on a new computer. Easy for most folks, I'm sure; but, I am rather technologically challenged. So everything I am doing just takes a bit longer. I am sure I will get used to it soon. It is interesting to me that 2 1/2 years ago I didn't even have an email address. Now, when something goes wrong with the computer; I feel like I have to do something about it immediately because I use it to communicate with others so much. It's like having your phone down.

     Now that I finally have all of my Let's Polka blocks finally done; it is time to arrange them on the design wall. Arranging these blocks is a bit different. Usually you try to minimize the proximity of blocks with like fabrics or similar colors. In this quilt I often put blocks with like fabrics right next to each other with the common fabrics touching, so that they form other shapes. I try to let the blocks form a color grouping that gradates to other colors using the color combinations in the different blocks.


This is going to be a king size quilt. !8 blocks by 18 blocks. The blocks are 6" square. It is difficult to get a good photo of the whole thing at once; especially with the loom in front of it. All of the other quilting bloggers have a long arm machine. I have a loom. It's what makes me unique. lol!





     I have 11 out of 18 rows up so far.

     This is a reminder of what the original full size quilt looked like. My client wanted less bright red, and less purple.


     Now that all of the blocks for this quilt are done, I have been working on a different portable project. I have done several EQ drawings for future quilts; and I have started more HST for this quilt.




     I also added a pattern to my Etsy site yesterday. It is called: Flip and Sew Tableware.




     I the also entered the Martha Stewart Made in America Contest; which was not easy to do with a computer that was in the process of dying.

     So, that is what I have been up to lately; thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Well your Polka quilt is coming along eh! Very interesting to look at, I love all the different blocks and patterns just awesome.

    ReplyDelete