Now that I finally have all of my Let's Polka blocks finally done; it is time to arrange them on the design wall. Arranging these blocks is a bit different. Usually you try to minimize the proximity of blocks with like fabrics or similar colors. In this quilt I often put blocks with like fabrics right next to each other with the common fabrics touching, so that they form other shapes. I try to let the blocks form a color grouping that gradates to other colors using the color combinations in the different blocks.
This is going to be a king size quilt. !8 blocks by 18 blocks. The blocks are 6" square. It is difficult to get a good photo of the whole thing at once; especially with the loom in front of it. All of the other quilting bloggers have a long arm machine. I have a loom. It's what makes me unique. lol!
I have 11 out of 18 rows up so far.
This is a reminder of what the original full size quilt looked like. My client wanted less bright red, and less purple.
Now that all of the blocks for this quilt are done, I have been working on a different portable project. I have done several EQ drawings for future quilts; and I have started more HST for this quilt.
I also added a pattern to my Etsy site yesterday. It is called: Flip and Sew Tableware.
So, that is what I have been up to lately; thanks for stopping by!