Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Things in Progress From Retreat

     I wanted to tell you about about some other things I worked on at retreat, but didn't finish. In preparing for retreat, I finished all of my solid units. At retreat I got 4 more blocks finished.

     I can't wait to see what these will look like with their setting triangles added. I am planning on shades of red for those.











     When I came home, I laid out the last 2 blocks.










     Next, is a quilt I have been itching to work on for ages. I have been mesmerized by seeing  beautiful hexie quilts in progress; but I don't seem to be very good at finding time, or patience to hand stitch. While I was piecing a One Block Wonder, I thought it would be fun to use the same construction to make a quilt that would use a similar motif to the hexie quilts, but be machine pieced. You could use the fact that the "hexies" will have to be divided into equilateral triangles as a design element. I immediately got on my EQ and came up with several sketches and motifs. I think I will be having fun with this concept for a while.

     They will all be the same size once they are sewn. The big ones just have not been sewn together yet.

     I would love to plan to make one of these a week, but regular plans like that don't usually work for me; so we will just have to see what happens. Right now, I am really enjoying working on these.













     That is what I have been up to. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment