Monday, September 2, 2013

Design Wall Monday

     Finally! After many months, there is something on my design wall to share! I barely remember how to do these "linky" things, it's been so long. I think many months ago I shared this drawing.



          The blocks are finally finished, and up on the design wall.


     I struggle with how to photograph things on my design wall since there is a big weaving loom in front of it. But, alas, it is the only large blank wall in the house. Here is a shot from the side.




   I also have a smaller project on another design wall. This will be repetitious for anyone who has read my blog lately. Sorry for that.

     I am teaching beginning paper piecing with the pineapple block in a couple of places locally in the next few months. This is my sample quilt.


     I thought it would be nice for my students to have the option of starting a project that didn't have 80 blocks, so I designed this on my EQ.



     I have 5 blocks completed, except for the corners. I think I would prefer to choose the colors of the corners later, after I have all of the blocks finished. I only have the first few rounds on the other 4 block, so they don't look like much yet. This is what I have so far.

    
     Well, that is what I have been up to. I have been so looking forward to participating in Design Wall Monday at www.patchworktimes.com for awhile now. Check it out. There are always a wide variety of interesting projects to see. 

     I hope you are having a fun holiday weekend. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Your string quilt is so pretty.. green is one of my favorite colors... so peaceful and serene.

    ReplyDelete