Tuesday, September 25, 2012

My Weekend with the Chattahoochee Evening Stars

     I had a lovely time at the Chattahoochee Evening Star Quilt show. Everyone was so nice; and what beautiful quilts! I can't resist sharing some of my favorites.


     I loved how the bright colors peak through the dark sashing in this one. Doesn't it look like it would be fun to make? Besides, I'm a sucker for blues, especially dark blues.
 
      I am fascinated by equilateral triangles and have several quilts planned(and started) using them myself. I love how this person broke into the border with the design.

      This was a quilt back, but wow what a quilt back!

 
      A very striking black and white quilt.  love this block.

      Love love love how this person played with the plain block and border colors on this one-so effective!

      What yummy soft colors here; and I loved how the color placement mde a secondary pattern. Another favorite block.

     I could go on forever.There were so many gorgeous ones.

      This was their Log Cabin raffle quilt.Isn't it fabulous?! Unfortunately, I didn't win it.

     As usual I tried to get as much work done as possible in between talking to folks. I got all of the HST trimmed and paired up with a center bar, but I can't seem to find that photo just now so I will have to post it next time.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment