Monday, October 1, 2012

A Finished Quilt!, Scrap control, and PotHolders for show

     On my September 13th post I showed a picture of a bunch of strips I was sewing together.  This weekend I got that quilt top finished; and the back too! This is a record for me; although it was only a lap quilt. I have been wanting to try this for a long time. I alternated my cross cuts between square, and rectangular.

     While I was sewing this, I used my solid blocks for "leaders and enders".

     I have also been working on sorting my scraps into bins. The categories I am using are: narrow strips(2 1/2" or less), wide strips, large triangles, small triangles, small bits, medium, large, already sewn together. This last is for leftovers from strip piecing.  The reason I am doing this now, after years of procrastination, is because I want to use them to make some pot holders for the 2 art shows I will be participating in later in the month.



     I can tell this is going to be addictive. I finished 2 pairs yesterday, and have already made 3 more pairs today. Let's see how many pairs I can get together this fall.





     It is getting late, and I am going to a friends house to sew tomorrow, and I still have to figure out which project I will bring to work on. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment