Monday, June 4, 2012

Next Quilt

      Today I brought the red and white quilt to my friend, and quilter, Regina Carter. Best long arm quilter ever. By the way, this biased opinion is corroborated by a boatload and a half of awards.

      Last night, when I still had the sheets covering the floor, I went ahead and made the binding. Now all I have left to do is the label, until it comes back from Regina. 

     So, now it is time to start on the quilt that was ordered at the Inman Park Festival. They want a king size version of my Let's Polka quilt; which is the quilt I entered in the Blogger's Quilt Festival last month. Here is a picture of it: 



       Here are the fabric choices that were approved last Friday afternoon.




     I am really looking forward to getting this new project under way.

           My other goals for the coming month are:
  • Get my Etsy site up to date, by adding several quilts that I have finished, but not yet added. I also need to add some shop policies, and some photos of the backs of my quilts on the quilts I do have posted.
  • Make patterns for the several quilts that I have finished last year, but never made into a pattern.
  • Get a group of classes organized so I can approach area quilt shops with some ideas for classes I can teach.
  • Update my price list for my custom quilts. I have resisted doing this due to the struggling economy, but all of my expenses are going up. I don't think I have to tell anyone who is reading a quilting blog what has happened to fabric prices the last couple of years.
  • I have debated whether or not I should send emails to quilt guilds to see if they will hire me to do a program.
  • Visit the Bele Cher show in Asheville, NC, the end of next month to see if I might want to apply to be in it next year.
  • There is a quilt show in Blue Ridge GA. in a week or so. I thought go look at it to check out the area. There is an arts festival there in October. I have until the end of this month to decide if I want to try to get in it or not. It would be nice to have an excuse to go to the mountains of North GA in October. It is really beautiful that time of year.
     Obviously, I am trying to come up with some ways to market myself as a quilter, so if you have any ideas, let me know. I though about trying to write a book, but I have no idea how to wade into those waters. Anyway, I have plenty to work on the next few weeks-don't you agree! 


Thanks for stopping by!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment